Thursday, August 19, 2010

Moving right along!

So we've been plugging along in our efforts. We have to re-epoxy the bar to get a more even surface on it. Daddy Chef worked tirelessly yesterday to remove the old linoleum from the stairs and today his dad is helping us put the new stuff down. We bought a lot of equipment last week including a Garland convection range for me!!!! I was talking to GM while we were there and I believe his exact words were, "I can hear you vibrating over the phone..." needless to say I was more than a little excited. We also bought some line fridges and racks along with a new range for Daddy Chef to have on the line. The old one didn't have an oven which would have been awkward. I would love to get a Salamander but I think we're going to have to wait on that.

Now on to what everyone is actually interested in. It looks like Opening night will be September 16th. Our furniture is due on the 14 so hopefully it is on time! We''re in good shape for everything the electrician (who is awesome) came and all of my nightmares were just that so I am a happy camper so far! Countdown is on and stay tuned for website details and a few menu teasers!

Hope you are all as excited as I am and please comment on your favorite desserts and I'll try to fit them into rotation. If you don't tell me what they are then I can't make them especially for you!!!

My sister Em is moving to China next week to teach high school over there. I'll be making these (although my own recipe which for now I'm guarding in my brain) for her going away party! Bye Em Little Miss Pants will miss you!!!! So will I but I'm not that important! ;p

Enjoy!

-lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment