Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 5

So yesterday not much got done. I was all by myself so I just finished up a few projects that were lying around. I the bar in places the palm sander won't reach and finished all I could reach if the "door thing" (which is what we call it as we are not sure it has a name. Divider maybe? I dunno) and waited around for Daddy Chef to get home from his trip. Not super productive n=but it was boring stuff that needed to get done and it did. Today we are doing a Home Depot run and probably a Lee Valley one so that we can sand and stain the bar!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!

So this is really white trashy food but not gonna lie it's a family favorite. Also It may be a winter menu spoiler. However I usually make puff pastry cheese straws to go with it. If you aren't crazy like me and live in Canada Presidents Choice makes an AWESOME frozen puff pastry dough that I love. For Cheese Straws that go with this recipe just brush with butter or olive oil and sprinkle on some parmesan, chili flakes, basil and oregano. Tasty.

http://noblepig.com/2009/01/07/belle-of-the-bowl.aspx

Enjoy!

-lex

2 comments:

  1. mmmmm Lee Valley
    pick me up a scraper blade while you're there - I gots a new kitchen island with the butcher block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a huge Block table at the resto with a fish cutter on it. If you know anyone who's interested!!!!!

    ReplyDelete