Monday, January 4, 2010

Baby Daddy Breakfast.

So my BD (Baby Daddy) is also a cook. He works in a prominent hotel here in Toronto. This hotel has room service. 24 hour room service. So every once in a while he has to work overnight. One of those nights happened this week. So my BD got home and fell asleep as me and the baby were getting up. Molly pants went for her nap and I decided to make my Boy some breakfast for when he would wake up in the early afternoon.

I decided to make some favorite comfort foods that are really simple but usually impress. My Butter Cinnamon French Muffins and Leftover Baked Eggs. What makes the Muffins French? They are almost entirely fat. Not just butter either but that lovely fat that is finally okay to say again..... Lard. I love lard it makes baked goods so flaky and the taste is unbelievable. If you have dietary issues (or like me occasionally bake things for sale) you can use shortening. I always use lard at home though. Except when this one vegetarian I do not hate comes over. Then I use shortening, I usually b*tch the whole time though about it though. My Leftover Baked Eggs are just that. Whatever you have in the fridge will work. I likeusually a vegetable for every meat or cheese though. That way I can trick myself into thinking I am healthy.

Without further ado, The recipes!
Butter Cinnamon French Muffins;

6 Tablespoons Butter
6 Tablespoons Lard
1 Cup Sugar
2 Eggs
3 Cups flour
4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
Half a Teaspoon of nutmeg
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Cup milk
Half a Teaspoon Vanilla

Topping;
1 cup butter
1 Cup Sugar
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon



Cream Lard, butter and sugar together.


Scrape down the sides when it's all nice and smooth. Add your eggs one at a time making sure they are all nicely mixed, and scrapping! I'm a big advocator of the spatula! Scraping for all!!!!

Mix together your dry ingredients. That would be the flour, salt nutmeg and baking powder.



Then mix your Vanilla and milk.

Hmmmm.....
I seem to have run out of room for pictures. I'm sorry it'll prolly take me a little while to get a handle on this. I'm going to finish this in a part two beccause I'm getting a little angry. I'll get better I promise!


Click here for part two!

No comments:

Post a Comment